Monday, May 14, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

Being a mom to our little peanut is the best.thing.ever. I mean...look at this face...
Brad and I hosted my 1st Mother's Day at our house and boy did the weather cooperate for such a special day! My mom, sister Colleen (Meggy was at Yoga training...boo) and Brad's parents joined us for a Mother's Day BBQ!!!



   
A perfect day to enjoy turkey burgers with all the fixins'...yummy salads...fresh lemonade and apple pie for dessert! Brad (and Ava) bought me a beautiful hydrangea for us to plant, watch grow and bloom each year!! Just what I wanted!! (I may have hinted a little...). He takes hints well:)


 
So far it has been the best three months as I've enjoyed every minute with Ava. Being a Mom really puts things into perspective and it's amazing how much love I have for this tiny little human. Despite taking off an extra month of work...I am still not wanting to go back...which is interesting because I never really saw myself as a stay at home mom. I thought I'd being going nuts by now because I am very much an "on the go" and "busy" kind of person. Yes there have been moments I've felt stir crazy...and I know I want to go back to work...just not yet:) I mean honestly...

 I am extremely career driven and love my job. I know once I get back in the groove of things, I will enjoy being back as I miss my kids and co-workers a lot! I think finding a balance will be tricky but I definitely know were my priorities stand...and it won't be staying at work until 7pm anymore:). Not when I have this cute...squishy, nibbly...could "eat every bit if her" cuteness waiting at home for me!! And yes...of course my fabulous hubby too:) I adore his cuteness too.
I think with summer vacation being so close...I wish I could just take the rest of the year off...but alas...duty calls...and I must return...but only for a short few weeks. Thankfully I have amazing support from some colleagues of mine who are in the same position as me...returning to work with their little ones at home...it's hard...but "everything will work out" as they keep telling me.

I am so excited as I think about the future with Ava and the fun we are going to have as a family...and future siblings:) How many?? TBD. 

I have had the pleasure of growing up with a wonderful mother who has always been my role model and someone I continue to look to for support. She is like...real awesome. and REALLY funny...:) But most importantly I know she loves me...a lot. I hope Ava and I can build the same strong, mother-daughter relationship as I have with my mom. Seriously...she is like...real awesome. And super sweet and a real good cook. And she still takes me shopping and treats me when we go out to eat:) I love her.
Here's to ALL mom's and their hard work and dedication to raising, caring and loving their kids:) Happy Mother's Day!

Coming Soon:
Hmmmmmm...baby leg warmers?? Seriously...I'm on it!
  


1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable and you are such an incredible mama! You have the most amazing family...Ava really is the luckiest girl. Going back to work will be hard but just think, only 3 weeks and then you get to relax all summer (so jealous!)

    ReplyDelete