Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hi Ho...Hi Ho....It's off to work I go...

Well...after four months of maternity leave...it's time for me to head back to work:( Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my teaching job...but I also love my NEW job as a Momma. It's just going to take some adjusting having my time with Ava literally cut in half!! Yikes!....One moment please...(needed to grab some tissues...sniff sniff).

This has been the best four months ever as both Brad and I have gotten to watch Avaleen grow and change each day. It's crazy to think how much time has gone by...I just try REAL hard to soak up every snuggle...smile...wiggle that I can:) She's like a "little miniature human"..as Brad likes to say (duh honey) because her personality and characteristics are really starting to come through! Thank goodness for summer break!



I feel lucky to have had the time off that I did...even taking an unexpected extra month off! (So worth eating top ramen for the next few months:))

Here are some of my favorite things so far:
1. Her soft skin, baby smell and chunky thighs (Brad likes to call them her giblets)
2. The way she smiles and squeals when I get her up in the morning or from a nap
3. How she sighs REALLY loud after almost every yawn
4. Watching her try and find her thumb to soothe herself to sleep
5. The constant kicking and wiggling she does on the changing table...so funny!
6. Bath time!!!!!!!
7. She lets me dress her in anything I want:)
8. Her big, beautiful, blue eyes and crazy long lashes!
9. Her instant smile when she sees Brad...no joke...he gets her going WAY more than I can..what is that about?? Hello?? I'm the one getting up with you in the middle of the night? Carried you for nine months?? Pushed you out?? I guess she's a Daddy's girl:)
10. How excited Brad and I are to watch her grow up...but not TOO fast.

So here I am...four months into being a Mom and I love it. Brad is an amazing father and I love watching the two of them together:) I appreciate all the support we've been getting...especially as I return to work:) Thank you! Thank you! I have the best family and friends ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment